Ms. Franklin's English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parents Need to Learn...

2 posters

Go down

Parents Need to Learn... Empty Parents Need to Learn...

Post  Cassie Mohkami Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:44 pm

Although parents have experienced more than us, i still believe they have just as much to learn as us teenagers. Our parents have no clue how intelligent some of us are, and need to realize that their children can make decisions on their own. For example, my parents honestly think i have no common sense to even pick out my own dinner or pick out which movie to watch. Due to the shelter they have provided, in the long run life will turn out to be more difficult. Mistakes are bound to happen, and because parents cannot understand this, they do not know best. A perfect reference would be "To Kill a Mockingbird", when Aunt Alexandra tries telling Scout what she should do with her life. By her aunt instructing her that becoming a lawyer would be unacceptable, she is crippling Scout with her words. How is she to know that Scout would not make a phenominal lawyer someday like her father? I truly believe that children are ther own person, not their parents, so therefore parents should not make major decision for their children, and do not know what is best for them.

Cassie Mohkami

Back to top Go down

Parents Need to Learn... Empty Re: Parents Need to Learn...

Post  Keke2610 Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:20 pm

That's definitely true, and I agree with you that parents shouldn't make major decisions for us. I don't think they do it because they don't realize we're smart; I think it's more because they're so concerned about us succeeding and getting through life. They don't realize that we need to make our own mistakes and learn from them though, and not their mistakes. Our own mistakes help us more then them spoon feeding everything to us. They should let us pick our own food so we can learn what we like and don't on our own. Smile

Keke2610

Back to top Go down