Ms. Franklin's English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parents do know best

+5
chavesus
sunglow
BabyGirl<3
basshunter32
ccaldwell
9 posters

Go down

Parents do know best Empty Parents do know best

Post  ccaldwell Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:50 pm

Its alway a good thing to have parents that care for you and want you to make good decisions, because when they were young they propbaly made mistakes that they weren't proud of and they just didnt want you to do the same. I know at a point and time you HAVE grow up and start making your own decision, but until that day comes listen to your parents they know whats best for you, they will never tell you anything wrong they just want you to succeed in life. i know from personal expirences.

ccaldwell

Back to top Go down

Parents do know best Empty :)

Post  basshunter32 Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:44 pm

i agree, parents wouldnt tell u to stay in school because it benifits them, its because they know its going to help you in the long-run. remember, BE KOOL, Stay in school Cool
basshunter32
basshunter32

Back to top Go down

Parents do know best Empty Re: Parents do know best

Post  BabyGirl<3 Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:45 pm

I agree CICII(:
but, you know as well as i do that our parents like to complicate things at times too.
I personally think that our parents, no matter who they are! should ask their child if they would like to or if they think they would want to do something before jumping to conclusions and thinking that their child would like it bc they do. Yes they do make better decisions for kids more than kids make good decisions for theirselves but they should at least get a child's opinion! <3 Shocked Very Happy Rolling Eyes What a Face tongue silent

BabyGirl<3

Back to top Go down

Parents do know best Empty I disagree

Post  sunglow Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:13 pm

Parents don't always know best. Think of it this way would you rather be coddled your whole childhood and the day your set free from the nest you look around and don't understand or would you rather learn early in life that things can't go your way and your parents won't always be there to hold your hand. Me, I would never have thought anything of how I was treated growing up until I thought about it and I see that I was treated the way that will help me in the years to come not just for right now. tongue
sunglow
sunglow

Back to top Go down

Parents do know best Empty Panrent's do know best...they were teens before

Post  chavesus Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:28 pm

I agree with you ccaldwell
Parent's do know best. They are always making good decissions for us because they want the best for us. Parents have been in our shoes before..... they were also teenagers so they know what we feel when they make a decission for us. They make decissions to take care of us not to make our lifes impossible.
cheers lol!

chavesus

Back to top Go down

Parents do know best Empty What ever happened to Live and Learn?

Post  Thunder D Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:10 pm

Ok, so here's the thing, I'm all for the "They've been where we are, so they know what to do" argument, but I'm pretty sure that if that was always true, then why didn't their parents keep them from doing something stupid? I mean let's think about this, there is an old expression that says "Live and Learn". If parents don't let us live, how can we be expected to learn from mistakes that they won't let us make?
Thunder D
Thunder D

Back to top Go down

Parents do know best Empty finally!

Post  Franco2111 Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:16 pm

Thunder D wrote:Ok, so here's the thing, I'm all for the "They've been where we are, so they know what to do" argument, but I'm pretty sure that if that was always true, then why didn't their parents keep them from doing something stupid? I mean let's think about this, there is an old expression that says "Live and Learn". If parents don't let us live, how can we be expected to learn from mistakes that they won't let us make?
I totally agree with you how can you manage to live on your own if you haven't made those mistakes that makes character.

Franco2111

Back to top Go down

Post  JessicaLauren Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:34 pm

Yes, but sometimes you need to experience things on your own, because the outcome of your mistakes may not be the same as your parent's.

JessicaLauren

Back to top Go down

Parents do know best Empty Completely Agree

Post  ck3209 Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:15 pm

I agree parents want us t be way better than them and to reach our goals everyone makes mistakes and they probally dont like talkign about them. if we didnt have parents where would we be in life? How could we even reach success. Yeah maybe sometimes they can make some rather harsh decisions in your life that you may really hate but you have to remember its for the benefit of you. cheers

ck3209

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down