Ms. Franklin's English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parents know best!!!

2 posters

Go down

Parents know best!!! Empty Parents know best!!!

Post  Dayquil25oz Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:57 pm

All my life i have grown up thinking that these harsh radical decisions made by my parents were pure evil, that the punishments or setbacks just caused problems. But what I did not realize is that those decisions built my mind, attitude, honesty, and respect one building block at a time. I simply didn't understand because i was still adolescent, but this is what my parents wanted, a strong determination for a great minded child. That is what they are receiving because they can not be happier with what i am becoming and boy did they work hard on it too. I am also understanding the many factors that make up "good decisions" for instance if i don't clean my room like my Mom and Dad tell me too, then i deserve punishment. Yes i will be angry, but the only person i should be angry at is myself for not fulfilling what my parents tell me to do. That decision my parents just made just added one block to the wall of respect for them, because it teaches you not to make that mistake again. I also understand that maybe, not all parents are great decision makers, not every one has the same life. That changes the way i look at good decisions because if you think about it not all parents have good moral choices for their children. So what i believe makes up a good decision is a moral, learning, and teaching experience that builds a wall of trust and bondage between parents and their offspring. pirat
And i leave you with this. Parents know best!!! 1236863398_sam-jackson-funny-face
Dayquil25oz
Dayquil25oz

Back to top Go down

Parents know best!!! Empty Re: Parents know best!!!

Post  D.Harris0118 Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:28 pm

confused Where's the like button? I completely agree, parents are buliding your character one block at time. They are building the way you think and the way you act not only by the decisions they make but the punishments/consequences that come with. When it comes down to it they are pround of you for the choices you have made and the person you have become. Surprised
D.Harris0118
D.Harris0118

Back to top Go down