Ms. Franklin's English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

we shoud live our own lives

+2
SlayEmAll1986
sunglow
6 posters

Go down

we shoud live our own lives Empty we shoud live our own lives

Post  Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:02 pm

I personally dont agree with the way my parents try to tell me what to do. Even though i know they care about me, it is my life. parents arent always going to be there to baby you and walk you through life. when you fall down, you just pick yourself back up and try a diffrent way. i beleive that you have to learn from your own mistakes. If your parents always tell you what to do, then how are you going to learn on your own? We are all teens and are able to take care of ourselves. I was raised by a millitary father, so i had to grow up fast and learn things on my own. We all make our own mistaes in life and its our duty to learn from them and fix them, not our parents. We are all human beings, and yes we do make mistakes. that is the buety of being human. we get to learn more in life from the mistakes we make. i personally do believe that a parent's job is just to make sure you have food and a roof over your head. Like i said before, parents cant always guide us through everything. The world is a tough place. so babying you and always telling kids what to and not to do isnt going to make us grow up. It just makes us depend on our parents even more. For example, when most kids go off to college they get lost and confused because they are used to their parents telling them what to do. Now, do you really want to be like that? I would'nt. I'm very appreciative that i wasn't always told what to do because i have learned from my mistakes and i know there is alot more from me to learn. With all of this said, i wish kids could learn on their own like i did instead of their parents telling them what to do.

Back to top Go down

we shoud live our own lives Empty same here

Post  sunglow Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:09 pm

I had to learn on my own too. When I was five my paw paw (great grandfather) moved in with us and we had to take care of him. While other kids played outside I was doing chores. While other kids watched the tv I worked and did stuff for others. Yes it did make it hard for me to relate to others and their movie quotes but at the same time I am young for my years of knowledge. I had to grow up fast and I understand just as I did back then that it can't just be about yourself. My parents weren't there to hold my hand all the time they had to take care of things and that meant so did I. I am greatful that I grew up the way I did because it showed me reality not the sugar coated world in movies. bom
sunglow
sunglow

Back to top Go down

we shoud live our own lives Empty Re: we shoud live our own lives

Post  SlayEmAll1986 Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:41 pm

I agree, but I wasn't raised under conditions like have been said. I try to make my own decisions without my parents input, so that when I am on my own I will be able to survive. You're right, parents aren't always going to hold your hand and walk you through life. My parents might be right about some things, but I'd rather figure it out for myself.
SlayEmAll1986
SlayEmAll1986

Back to top Go down

we shoud live our own lives Empty thats right.

Post  kiki poulter Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:51 am

I totally agree. They tell us we need to learn to be adults but they baby us and call us kids and dont let us make our own choices. My parents wont even let me step out on to my own porch with out permission. They need to let us try and be there when we fall and are unsure what to do.
kiki poulter
kiki poulter

Back to top Go down

we shoud live our own lives Empty ...

Post  TheAnonymous Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:16 pm

I agree that we should live how we like. Well, I'm dependent of my parents of course, but I must make my own decisions. I understand myself more than my mother could even get close to, and honestly, I might even know her more than she does herself. It really depends on who you are, not everybody will like to listen, but many teenagers don't realizes what they're getting into. I usually knew when trouble was coming, and I avoided it, as I still do. I think it's a great thing to live independently. So I of course agree with this post, as long as you know where you're heading. It's not a good thing to act own your own if you're doing something stupid like pretending to be in an awesome gang and getting into unnecessary fights, only to end up on YouTube as your pride soon shifts to humiliation or such. Question
TheAnonymous
TheAnonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  supersanchez Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:12 am

i think everything you said was right:)

supersanchez

Back to top Go down

we shoud live our own lives Empty Parents this days.!!

Post  tally_2013 Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:45 pm

i totally agree with you cause there is parents who try to do every for us even try to work out our mistakes. They need to understand that we our old enough to take responsabilyty on our selfs and that we have the right to make our own desicions just like they did when they were young. Neutral

tally_2013

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down