Ms. Franklin's English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adversity!

Go down

Adversity! Empty Adversity!

Post  ckrasney Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:56 pm

"Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records" - William Andrew Ward (American author and scholar). In well developed paragraphs, explain what this means to you. Some things to consider: personal adversity and how you have handled it; adversity the U.S. has experienced; adversity as an athlete or competitor in any event; future adversity you might face, i.e., paying for college, living on your own

"Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records" . To me this means with under-pressure some men break and with others being under-pressure helps them and they can handle it. Adversity cause me to stress out a little but i have grown to adapt and overcome whatever life throws at me. The U.S has experienced Adversity with us being in war with Iraq and Afganisthan, noone wanted this to happen but it did and its still going on, we have been at war for 10 years and it has put our country in debt!..Adversity as an athlete is probably really really difficult but they seem to handle it really well, thier mind has to be always on, working and running cause in some sports one wrong move could hurt you, Any future Adversity i might face i hope i sill just adapt and overcome it like i have been Very Happy

ckrasney

Back to top Go down