Ms. Franklin's English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WOW ADVERSITY..A BIG WORD

Go down

WOW ADVERSITY..A BIG WORD Empty WOW ADVERSITY..A BIG WORD

Post  Rosgeli78 Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:25 pm

"Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records" - William Andrew Ward (American author and scholar). In well developed paragraphs, explain what this means to you. Some things to consider: personal adversity and how you have handled it; adversity the U.S. has experienced; adversity as an athlete or competitor in any event; future adversity you might face, i.e., paying for college, living on your own.

Life is not always going to be full of roses and pretty how our parents and babies make it seem like. There is going to be obstacles that are not going to be easy to get around or get through. Sometimes you will fail at getting through adversity but it does not matter how hard is the fall all it matters is why you get up and keep trying.
Some people give up and stop trying because they feel they cannot keep trying or it becomes too hard for them and they easily give up, that is what "Adversity causes some mean to break" mean. "Others to break records" means that when see the going gets rough, they get tough and do what ever it takes to get through the problem or obstacle. It may not be easy and it might not be fast but with patience, commitment, confidence and believing nobody or nothing can stand for long.
For example, living on my own may seem like a good idea but once I see there is bills to pay and mommy and daddy are not going to be there to make me food or make my bed. I will want to give up and move back with my parents. But a true fighter will not do that, they will learn how to cook and wake up five minutes earlier to make their bed on their own.
Life is not as easy as other people make it look but that does not mean that in the first bump in the road you will turn around and go the other way. That means you either go through it or fix the road . Nothing is impossible.

Rosgeli78

Back to top Go down