Ms. Franklin's English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I wish they would listen!

4 posters

Go down

I wish they would listen! Empty I wish they would listen!

Post  kiki poulter Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:06 am

My family is really big and my parents are very busy so I end up babysitting my 4 little siblings almost ever day. My parents don't realize that me doing that, having chores, helping kids with homework, making dinner some nights, and getting to bed on time doesn't leave me time to do stuff like homework. I have told them this and they still don't do anything.
I know they have the best thing at heart but their brains won't listen to their heart. My dad and me are constantly fighting because "I can't keep my mouth shut". On the other hand he will yell at me for just telling a teacher we are broke so I can get the book I need for class. It's very true and teachers understand not all students are able to get what they need. Along with the fact, my step mom is 27 and I am 15. She is especially to young to be talking care of a teenager. She is still growing up.
I know my parents want a better life for me but controlling every aspect won't help. And now that my 14 year old sister isn't here but living with our mom in a different state I don't get time to be a teenager, except for getting on the computer for 30 minutes, if I am not grounded for something stupid.
I just wish they would listen like they used to and work with me to fix things. But yes I think they have the best thing for me at heart but their brains need to start listening.
kiki poulter
kiki poulter

Back to top Go down

I wish they would listen! Empty they do

Post  sunglow Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:56 am

Your parents do have the best thing in mind for you. They may fight with you and you may have a hard time but they are teaching you one important thing, how to grow up. No not in a bad way but helping you little siblings, cooking, and chores will help you through your life. One day that may be you and what if your teenage daughter and you fight? All you gotta do is look back and think on how things were when you were 15.
sunglow
sunglow

Back to top Go down

I wish they would listen! Empty Re: I wish they would listen!

Post  Jstubbs5 Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:52 am

I agree with you sunglow, parents seem harsh sometimes, but the reason for that is their always worried and concernced about our decisions and just want the best for us. Sometimes parents do come up with some ridiculous rules. In the end its most likely for our own good. They set examples for us, so when we become parents we have a clue on how to discipline and raise our children.
Jstubbs5
Jstubbs5

Back to top Go down

I wish they would listen! Empty hmm...

Post  JessicaLauren Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:36 pm

They do listen, but remember this, when the world is always against you and trying to hurt you, your parents will still be there trying to protect your mind and bandage your heart.

JessicaLauren

Back to top Go down

I wish they would listen! Empty Re: I wish they would listen!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down