Ms. Franklin's English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long and short relationships, and the L word. WoT.

2 posters

Go down

Long and short relationships, and the L word. WoT.  Empty Long and short relationships, and the L word. WoT.

Post  BrittanyDancesInTheRain Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:34 pm

So, I'll be the first to admit, I probably have the most experience with relationships.
I've been in short and long ones, and although I prefer long relationships it depends on the person. (:
I feel like, someone gets into a short relationship (or at least I did) with the intention of it actually working out, and you and the person just don't click. Or it was just to say you're with someone.
I don't really have much to say about long relationships because this is my first one... c:
But uh, I can say stuff about off and on?
I think if someone breaks up with you, for an unexplained reason. Please don't go back. You two clearly aren't meant to be. And it's a lot of worthless hurt. Trust me,
Also, if it is an explained reason and they take you back or you take them back, I see it as ohkay because it shows you're willing to try to fix whatever happened and you do want that person. But if it happens repeatedly, you need to stop! Haha, like. you two are just hurting each other. your soul mate is out there, now move on. Very Happy

So, ohkay. the "L" word. Wink
I think love is so easily tossed around in relationships now. It's starting to loose it's meaning.
You have those couples who don't get to know each other before the relationship, and 2 days in you're saying you love each other. I don't feel like that's a real relationship.
I understand if you guys are like so close first, and best friends, and know almost everything about each other, I've been in those relationships. I just feel like it takes knowledge of the other persons past and personality to actually love them. And it's upsetting to see a word with so much meaning get tossed around so much. :c

Wall of text, sorry.
BrittanyDancesInTheRain
BrittanyDancesInTheRain

Back to top Go down

Long and short relationships, and the L word. WoT.  Empty I so agree

Post  sunglow Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:26 am

Don't be sorry your post is very interseting. I agree with you completely. I try not to say the "L" word with someone who I don't think it will work with, or someone I don't know that well. I mean I have been in a lot of relationships some nice, fun, but it was more of a friend thing. Other times it is not so fun and the guy believes he needs to hit to make his point. All in all though I understand that those people aren't the one for me.

I finally figured out what I was doing wrong though! I had to get to know the guy before dating them. My now boyfriend has been my friend for two whole years BEFORE we even thought of actually dating. Yea thats a long time but atleast now we know a whole lot about each other and have fun, and we actually mesh perfectly together so I know I can tell him I love him because all in all I do in every way shape or form. tongue tongue
sunglow
sunglow

Back to top Go down