Ms. Franklin's English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People Can Definitely Be Influenced by Music, but Only to an Extent

Go down

People Can Definitely Be Influenced by Music, but Only to an Extent Empty People Can Definitely Be Influenced by Music, but Only to an Extent

Post  Dillon Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:41 pm

Music can certainly influence people. If one were to listen to a song they like, their spirit would likely be uplifted and they might even focus better on what they're doing. However, if one listened to a song they despise, they'd probably be easily annoyed because they're surrounded by sounds that don't please them. Also, the volume at which one listens to music could affect one's personality. If one were to constantly listen to music so quietly it can barely be heard, they may end up talking quieter than normal. One listening to music so loud that people in other countries can hear them may speak louder than normal. Now, this might be because their ability to hear has been negatively/positively affected by the loudness/quietness of the music, but it could also be because they're constantly surrounded by loud/quiet sounds. Despite the above, the influence of music is limited; the genre of the music won't likely influence one's actions. For example, by listening to heavy metal music, it's not likely that one's emotions will be changed to complement the lyrics. In the same sense, one probably won't ditch their current religion and become a Christian just because they listen to Christian rock music.
I, personally, don't have a favorite band, nor do I have a favorite song. I'm constantly exposed to music of all varieties. My sister listens to rap, rock, R&B, and a couple other genres. Though, her music choices are quite unique--she listens to music in any language except English. Also, when she listens to music, she puts her speakers at full blast. Because of this, along with the fact that my room is directly in front of hers, I don't really care what genre of music is playing around me. If I had to choose, though, I'd probably pick country, because it just uplifts me. My "favorite" country song, if I had to choose, would be "People Are Crazy" by Billy Covington, because it sums up my philosophy of life (aside from the part about beer, because I'm not so crazy about alcohol). This song also brings back memories of when I first moved to Kansas a couple years ago. My bed wasn't set-up yet, so I was just sleeping on a mattress, and when I awoke, I would hear this song on the radio literally every single morning. It may sound like a pointless memory to many, but it means quite a bit to me.

Dillon

Back to top Go down