Ms. Franklin's English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't let anything bring you down.

Go down

Don't let anything bring you down.  Empty Don't let anything bring you down.

Post  SlayEmAll1986 Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:06 pm

Warning: Long 'punk sounding' post.
It's impossible to avoid adversity, unless you happen to live in a dream world. Sadly, those don't exist. Adversity is something I've dealt with many times. From small things like drums breaking and people being typical humans; to bigger things like death. Adversity is a part of life.

The quote itself is correct. Some people will just give up on things because something gets in the way or doesn't go as planned. I've done that a lot of times, which is why I'm just now attempting to do anything related to music. Other times, somebody would talk badly about me or something I supported, and I'd get worked up over it. That's when I went through really rough times, because I took things to heart and let the world drag me down.
Then I learned to overcome the misfortunes and rise above the people who had always pushed me below. That's how I am now. If you choose to take problems to heart and allow somebody to get in the way of your beliefs/goals, then you are letting them win. I choose now to not conform to what they want, and to become what you want to become, not what society thinks you should become.
I think these lyrics fit quite well into what I get from the quote: (Song is Rise Above by Black Flag)
Jealous cowards try to control
Rise above
We're gonna rise above
They distort what we say
Rise above
We're gonna rise above
Try and stop what we do
Rise above
When they can't do it themselves

If you choose to be one of those that breaks, then you will never go anywhere. You will always be what others want you to be and be one of the masses. If you choose to be the one to break records, you will conquer the problems. Of course, some are difficult to overcome, but it's possible. If I let difficulties control what I did, I'd be buried right now.
Don't let the world bring you down. "Life sucks, but in a beautiful way" -Axl Rose
SlayEmAll1986
SlayEmAll1986

Back to top Go down