Ms. Franklin's English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What it means to me.

3 posters

Go down

What it means to me. Empty What it means to me.

Post  timscoolyoungersister Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:31 pm

"Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records" - William Andrew Ward (American author and scholar). In well developed paragraphs, explain what this means to you. Some things to consider: personal adversity and how you have handled it; adversity the U.S. has experienced; adversity as an athlete or competitor in any event; future adversity you might face, i.e., paying for college, living on your own.

This is very true. There are those to whom adversity affects and for some it is to much to handle. It makes them believe that nothing is possible and they have nothing worth fighting for, that is if they are fighting for anything. It also gives explanation to why many people out there quit and give up. But there are also those to whom adversity helps them create something they never in their minds thought of creating. Everyday people who you see have either "make it or brake it". For example, basketball players that in their childhood struggled with the drug dealing and street shooting in neighborhoods, and surpass all the obsticles just to make through to the top. And in your own life. Like for me struggling to juggle all of my everyday responsibilities with dance, band,family, school, and work. Its tough but like i said before, it can make you into one of the biggest looked upon people or it can brake you to a hobo in the sidewalk.

timscoolyoungersister

Back to top Go down

What it means to me. Empty their own fault

Post  willibm Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:11 pm

For those who quit and give up, that is their own choice, adversity comes with life and everyone faces it. It is up to you to decide if your going to let it defeat you or not.

willibm

Back to top Go down

What it means to me. Empty Dont

Post  Dimas A. Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:58 pm

Dont give up people. DONT!!!1:afro: afro afro

Dimas A.

Back to top Go down

What it means to me. Empty Re: What it means to me.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down