Ms. Franklin's English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Read this if you need an example

3 posters

Go down

Read this if you need an example Empty Read this if you need an example

Post  Ms. Franklin Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:58 am

"Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records" - William Andrew Ward (American author and scholar). In well developed paragraphs, explain what this means to you. Some things to consider: personal adversity and how you have handled it; adversity the U.S. has experienced; adversity as an athlete or competitor in any event; future adversity you might face, i.e., paying for college, living on your own.

I read this quote on my twitter the Tuesday morning after Matt Leinart broke his collarbone. I found it powerful because of Leinart's positive attitude. Having just been given a tremendous opportunity due to Shaub's injury, Leinart could have been incredibly negative at his lost opportunity; instead, he is posting motivation quotes that help inspire fans and the team. This got me to thinking about this school year and all of the changes for teachers and students. It's frustrating to listen to students complain about homework, and even more frustrating to hear myself complain about my work load. I realized, after reading the quote, that I have two choices - get it done or complain. Life's too short to spend it complaining, so I need to learn to work smarter, not harder and just take care of my business.
My biggest stumbling block this year is the increase in the number of students I teach, combined with the shorter class period. Having an additional 30 students and 30 minutes less to teach them frustrates me. Ultimately, I have decided to stop focusing on what I can't change and focus instead on how to work with what I have. I prefer to be the teacher who "sets records," not the teacher who dives off the rotunda. Cool Very Happy Shocked
Ms. Franklin
Ms. Franklin
Admin

https://caneycreek.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Read this if you need an example Empty Re: Read this if you need an example

Post  JessicaLauren Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:34 pm

I agree! learn not to cry through the storm, learn to dance in the rain!!!!

JessicaLauren

Back to top Go down

Post  McCheezy123 Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:20 pm

Ms. Franklin wrote:"Life's too short to spend it complaining,"

Um I don't know about you but life is the longest thing people do in their lives. It most certainly isn't short.

Ms. Franklin wrote:"I prefer to be the teacher who "sets records," not the teacher who dives off the rotunda. Cool Very Happy Shocked

Hahaha although you do have to admit that would be pretty hilarious. It would probably be even funnier to hear in the new. AHAHAHAH! Razz
McCheezy123
McCheezy123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down