Ms. Franklin's English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cassie Mohkami

4 posters

Go down

Cassie Mohkami Empty Cassie Mohkami

Post  Cassie Mohkami Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:11 pm

"Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records" - William Andrew Ward

Adversity seperates each and every one of us and classifies us as an "individual". Like many have said, "what doesnt kill you, makes you stronger", there is a correspondence between the quote stated by William Andrew Ward and this cliche saying. Every person no matter poor or wealthy, black or white, they are destinded to face conflict and hardship at somepoint in their life. As defined by dictionary.com, Adversity is fortune or fate, every action leads us in a new pathway and results in a consequence. In conclusion, adversity is by no means based on chance, but by what u make of things, so for some it can make them or break them.

I faced adversity everyday, and the concept keeps my vulnerable mind pondering on whether or not i make the best of things, or if i let others guide me. Adversity is for me, and only me to decide ,so the healthy competition that society provides for us is what is driving me to reach my goal of becoming a productive member of society, and not sulk about the conlflicts i face. I am not resting on fate to determine whether or not i become a team physician, i know that i am destined to become whatever i set my mind to.

This is my interpretation of this quote...

Cassie Mohkami

Back to top Go down

Cassie Mohkami Empty Re: Cassie Mohkami

Post  Eustacia Paredon Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:20 pm

I agree with cassie, everyone determines their destiny. If you really want to become a teacher, well of course you are going to go work really hard on getting good grades and getting the best education to can to becoma a teacher. Im not saying that you wont struggle during that journey but struggling is a part of life..... (:

Eustacia Paredon

Back to top Go down

Cassie Mohkami Empty Adversity

Post  TaylorTanner Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:11 pm

I completely agree. Everyone has their own paths to follow and what may be best for others may not be best for you.

TaylorTanner

Back to top Go down

Cassie Mohkami Empty AGRREEEEED

Post  chrisbeall Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:00 pm

i completly agree, you can leave somthing like adversity to chance, your life is what you make me. If you want to be successful you have to make it happen your self, you cant just left it to chance or "fate" you have to man up and do it on your own! Cool

chrisbeall

Back to top Go down

Cassie Mohkami Empty Re: Cassie Mohkami

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down