Ms. Franklin's English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Techology: A Way of Life

4 posters

Go down

Techology: A Way of Life Empty Techology: A Way of Life

Post  JessicaLauren Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:26 pm

Technology has over-powered and taken over society. We have become so dependent and relied on Technology. Want to talk to someon? Cellphone. Need to look a word up? Google. Need to break up with someone? Phone or facebook. Want to find out what is going on in the outside world? Internet. If we need help when you have a test on a book you haven't read? Sparknotes.com. We are so needy of the internet. You can say that it controls our lives. How many of you wake up and the first thing you do is check your phone for mesages or get on facebook for the latest relationship status? It has come to an extreme and we have just been getting lazier and lazier each generation. It is just ridiculous. Now, I'm not saying that I don't do any of that. My life pretty much depend my social and school life on technology. Granted, it makes things easier, but can we really not walk 5 feet to get a dictionary and flip a few pages instead of using an app? I'm really at a crossroad here... I love technology, but I also don't like being lazy, and I'm sure it's the same for a lot of people. So, what are we supposed to do?

JessicaLauren

Back to top Go down

Techology: A Way of Life Empty Perfect Balance

Post  KayLee Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:32 pm

What we need to do is find a perfect balance on technology. No one wants to end up like the people on the Disney film "Walle" but no one wants to go back to the 18th centery either. Everyone just needs to find their own individual balance of manual work and technology.

KayLee

Back to top Go down

Techology: A Way of Life Empty .....

Post  TheAnonymous Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:11 pm

Technology makes my view of life much more interesting. Although, we do have so many dependent people because of technology. Personally, I ignore almost all phone calls from my peers and I don't use facebook. Yet I do depend on my phone excessively for music, practical uses and such. This increased level of dependency exploits so many points of vulnerability. A balance is essential to insure that we don't live like computers or live like primitive apes. And by the way, the first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is go back to sleep. Sleep Shocked
TheAnonymous
TheAnonymous

Back to top Go down

Techology: A Way of Life Empty Sorta agree.

Post  SlayEmAll1986 Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:49 pm

I sort of agree with you. Technology is the big thing anymore, with everybody having fancy 'smart phones' and checking facebook/twitter all the time. I used to be one of those that is constantly on the computer, but now I find that I only use it when I need some info or want to listen to music. Technology got boring quickly. People should realize that dating does not mean putting you're in a relationship on facebook, and that you're not going to die if you forget your phone at home.
SlayEmAll1986
SlayEmAll1986

Back to top Go down

Techology: A Way of Life Empty Re: Techology: A Way of Life

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down