Ms. Franklin's English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm sorry, it appears as if you have given me conflicting orders.

2 posters

Go down

I'm sorry, it appears as if you have given me conflicting orders. Empty I'm sorry, it appears as if you have given me conflicting orders.

Post  Thunder D Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:01 pm

There is a saying you may have seen on popular t-shirts that reads "My parents tought me to walk and talk, now they just want me to sit down and shut up". When I first saw this quote, it got me thinking. I had to wonder if that could be true, so I sat down and thought about it. After much thinking, I came to the conclusion that my parents actually adjust their orders and commands as I grow older. For example, as a young toddler, I was encouraged to go and meet new people and develop friendships, now they won't let me have a facebook (they claim that its a cyber predator breeding ground, despite the master security of the site). I think most people would agree with me that in this modern day and age, social networking is more effective in building friendships then actuall physical interactions (as most people are at home on the internet during the day then out and about in town). By keeping out of the social network media, my parents have effectively given me conflicting orders, rendering me confused. There are many more examples I can given, but I believe that you may not have the time to read them all, so I'll leave you with this, my parents cannot give me good orders in this day and age, or quite frankly at any point time.
Thunder D
Thunder D

Back to top Go down

I'm sorry, it appears as if you have given me conflicting orders. Empty I agree but i disagree

Post  goodolboy4life Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:05 pm

I agree with you Thunder D about how parents can be conflicting with their orders about socializing but i disagree with you on your reasoning because parents believe it or not were our age and had stuff that they could communicate with like computers and depending how old the parents are only phones at home to talk to friends with, but i digress they know that from looking at the world how dangerous it ccan be and how addictive it can also be like for example facebook, everyone that has one at one point in time has been consumed by it and has been on it for several hours at a time which is not good because it can desensitise us from the real world so i agree but i disagree with it. What do you think. pig
goodolboy4life
goodolboy4life

Back to top Go down