Ms. Franklin's English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MY Best Interests

2 posters

Go down

MY Best Interests Empty MY Best Interests

Post  SlayEmAll1986 Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:52 pm

In my opinion, your parents should give you some advice, but ultimately let you make your own decisions. While parents should be involved in their childs life(unless we want more drug addicts and gang members No )they shouldn't force things upon you. I have known kids who can't do things that they enjoy because their parents didn't like it. A friend of mine isn't supposed to talk to me anymore since I got them into metal music. Her mom took away a CD I loaned her because she thinks it is satanic music. This happens too often. Parents shoul encourage their children to think for themselves, not train them to follow them around and depend on them for everything. We may make mistakes, but that is how we learn about the real world. If we aren't allowed to do our own thing and learn about life, how are we supposed to survive when we go on our own?
SlayEmAll1986
SlayEmAll1986

Back to top Go down

MY Best Interests Empty I Definitely Agree

Post  Dillon Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:06 am

I definitely agree with you. Parents should nudge their children in the right direction when they can, but they shouldn't completely barricade the path of evil. If parents always make decisions for their children and shelter them too much, the children will long for freedom so much that they'll probably go out and do overly extreme actions to get a sense of free will. Or, the children will grow up and, when they see what the real world's like, snap under the many pressures they'll face. That's not to say parents should just stand aside and watch as their children become corrupt; like you said, parents should be fully involved in their children's lives, especially when they're young. As they grow up, their parents should slowly but steadily ease off on their grip of the children's lives until they no longer need the guidance of their parents to make the right decisions.

Dillon

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum