Ms. Franklin's English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what goes in has to come out

4 posters

Go down

what goes in has to come out Empty what goes in has to come out

Post  glitter:) Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:05 pm

i have never really been into the type of music that cusses so much. thats just not my cup of tea. my mom has always said that listening to music that cusses or talks about sex or drugs will make those things seem like they arent bad. i was only allowed to listen to christian music till i was a sophmore. now i choose what music i want to hear and i chose not to listen to songs that make me sad, angry, or upset in any kind of way. why listen to a depressing break up song when you could listen to a happy song?? what the media feeds to teens threw music will be what teens put into their actions.

glitter:)

Back to top Go down

what goes in has to come out Empty Sex and drugs and common bugs.

Post  goodolboy4life Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:30 pm

I agree with your mom in a sense that if you listen to that music all of the time then it desensitizes you from it and makes you more apt to do those things and there are hidden messages that takes a true music lover to look through the muk of the lyrics to see the true message behind the music. :music note: and i tried to put a music note but aint sure what its going to look like so i tried.
goodolboy4life
goodolboy4life

Back to top Go down

what goes in has to come out Empty I see it a little different

Post  SlayEmAll1986 Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:29 pm

I have to disagree. While I don't listen to many songs about drugs/sex, I do listen to some depressive stuff. But everybody has a bad day right? The music seems to help me when I'm down.
I also think that you shouldn't let a songs theme control what you do. If you're smart you won't let a song make you want to go do drugs or whatever. It's only music, an art form, and shouldn't influence you negatively.

And even depressive songs can be awesome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udDv3rMqSgg
SlayEmAll1986
SlayEmAll1986

Back to top Go down

what goes in has to come out Empty ...

Post  TheAnonymous Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:42 pm

Yeah, it all really depends on the circumstances. I love listening to sad music on bad days, and pretty much any time of any situation. The feeling I get from those depressive states, are satisfying in a way. Maybe much more satisfying than what emerges from those happy songs. I'm not even really depressive, just open to that kind of stuff. Some cussing, even if excessive can help generate emotion that the artist is trying to articulate. Unless it is just senseless profanity and vulgar, it can be an effective influence of emotion. But it is good that you can choose what to listen to, as it opens up many doors to greatness...
And profanity isn't necessarily bad, people just need to know when to use it, and not exaggeratively and too excessively. Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Suspect Question

Last edited by TheAnonymous on Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:03 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : The future calls for it...)
TheAnonymous
TheAnonymous

Back to top Go down

what goes in has to come out Empty Games, Music, and killer things

Post  goodolboy4life Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:49 pm

[/quote]Some cussing, even if excessive can help generate emotion that the artist is trying to articulate. Unless it is just senseless profanity and vulgar, it can be an effective influence of emotion. But it is good that you can choose what to listen to, as it opens up many doors to greatness...
And profanity isn't necessarily bad, people just need to know when to use it, and not exaggeratively and too excessively.[/quote] I agree with you Anonymous but some people just let music influence them too much because some people take things too seriously like last year when i was in english my class had homework over an article that showed that video games with a violent demeanor caused a teenager to kill people in order to win "The Game" by killing people to steal their cars and get "points". But grant you that person played that particular game for several days on end and got thrown into the game metaphorically, but music is an expression if its not taken to far
goodolboy4life
goodolboy4life

Back to top Go down

what goes in has to come out Empty Re: what goes in has to come out

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum