Ms. Franklin's English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arts, Music, Culture

3 posters

Go down

Arts, Music, Culture Empty Arts, Music, Culture

Post  Thunder D Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:28 pm

One million dollars. That almighty mark that seperates the "well off" from the "rich". An amount of money all people wish for at least once in their lives. I know that most people would donate their million dollars to some cancer fighting group, or a hospital, or an animal support group. I am not one of these people. There is already a cure for cancer (radiation and physicals to catch the cancer early), HIV and AIDS are very preventable, and if the animal supply companies would just give supplies to the organizations, there would be no need for donations. My personal belief is that for every disease that we are able to stop and prevent, God creates a new one in the name of population control (ie, smallpox has been no threat to us for years, The Plauge no longer bothers us, yet we now have AIDS, ebola, and SARS to deal with). With these concepts in mind, I would give my million dollars to the various cultural charities. Music, art, and theater productions are all being shut down due to lack of funding. Schools, as well as private organizations are losing instruments, costumes, paints, sheet music, canvas, and stages. In my point of view, I believe that a cultured country is a happy country. Money is nice and does make the world go around, powerful armies are great for expansion, but these things do not make an individual person truly happy. The only reason money has any value is because we give it value. We could use shells and sand as currency if we wanted to, but we don't. We use gold, why do we use gold? We use gold because some explorer looked at it and said "oooooohhhhhhh, shiny"! Music has been around as long as anyone can remember, theater has been used since ancient Greece, art was the first form of language. If we let these forms of culture die, we will lose a piece of our very existance on Earth at a subconscience level, a level so deep, that it affects almost everything we do, say, and think. We would lose that, just becasue people put shiny gold behind a cure for AIDS, when there might not even be one. After all, AIDS is a virus, and you can't beat a virus.
Thunder D
Thunder D

Back to top Go down

Arts, Music, Culture Empty Reply To your Post

Post  Ben Gunter Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:07 pm

Your post was to long and i agree with curing SARS and AIDS

Ben Gunter

Back to top Go down

Arts, Music, Culture Empty Re: Arts, Music, Culture

Post  Keke2610 Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:46 pm

Those are some great ideas to use your million dollars for. Smile

Keke2610