Ms. Franklin's English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two is better than one

2 posters

Go down

Two is better than one Empty Two is better than one

Post  willibm Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:23 am

"Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records" - William Andrew Ward (American author and scholar). In well developed paragraphs, explain what this means to you. Some things to consider: personal adversity and how you have handled it; adversity the U.S. has experienced; adversity as an athlete or competitor in any event; future adversity you might face, i.e., paying for college, living on your own.

Adversity is everywhere in life. I believe that it is not what the adversity is, but how it is delt with. America has been through adversity several times. The Revoluton, Civil war, Great depression and terriost attacks are just some examples. Of coarse people remember these events, but people also remember how America came through and did not dwell on what thes Adversitys caused. In all of these Adversitys America has come together as a whole to solve these problems. I believe that is the key.
With out support and help of others people and America would not be able to get through adversity. When the twin towers fell people came together and worked together to get through it. Yes they still struggled but they struggled as a whole. The ol saying "two is better than one" I belive that is true. Stuggling is alot easier with another person than by yourself and adversity is easier to get through with another person. Even in my own life I have face adversity, and it has mabe it much easier to overcome with the support of friends and family

willibm

Back to top Go down

Two is better than one Empty thats true

Post  tally_2013 Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:38 pm

your rite, we as a nation have been in alot of stuff as a nation. all da wars ndd da attacks dat the united states have been thru nd dats some things dat we all remember we could of live it or learn it in school bt we need to understand that adversery is everywhere nd at everytime cause we neva goin to kno wen it could happen again.

tally_2013

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum