Ms. Franklin's English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cassie Mohkami

+2
chavesus
Cassie Mohkami
6 posters

Go down

Cassie Mohkami Empty Cassie Mohkami

Post  Cassie Mohkami Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:45 pm

Are professional athletes and other performers/entertainers overpaid and over-idolized? What should the hightest paying jobs/careers be?

Professional athletes are extremely over idolized!!! Teachers are one of the most overlooked professionals, they are underpaid and dont get the credit they deserve. Sports icons do not do anyhting for the community besaides playing with ball on a court, field, or stadium. Some sports even allow the players to practice and compete indoors in airconditioning, sooo whats the reason for them getting paid millions. Doctors save our lives, but yet they dont even get paid as much as a baseball player.....its ridiculous!

Cassie Mohkami

Back to top Go down

Cassie Mohkami Empty I agree

Post  chavesus Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:16 pm

Cassie i agree with you in that doctors should be payed better than a baseball player, a basketball player, any kind of professional athletes. Why are professional athletes payed a huge amount of money when they only play to entertain us. Doctors should be the ones that should be payed better. geek

chavesus

Back to top Go down

Cassie Mohkami Empty Re: Cassie Mohkami

Post  papichulo17 Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:56 am

Cassie Mohkami wrote:Are professional athletes and other performers/entertainers overpaid and over-idolized? What should the hightest paying jobs/careers be?

Professional athletes are extremely over idolized!!! Teachers are one of the most overlooked professionals, they are underpaid and dont get the credit they deserve. Sports icons do not do anyhting for the community besaides playing with ball on a court, field, or stadium. Some sports even allow the players to practice and compete indoors in airconditioning, sooo whats the reason for them getting paid millions. Doctors save our lives, but yet they dont even get paid as much as a baseball player.....its ridiculous!

If you really look at it not many players are idolized and plus even if they are they deserve it because they worked hard to earn it.They do get paid a lot but thats cause its an entertainement industry ,yeah teachers don't get paid the alot but they're getting paid by tax dollars what. Not all players are stingy with their money either ,most of them have their own little foundations that they give money to.
papichulo17
papichulo17

Back to top Go down

Cassie Mohkami Empty hmmm cant really say i agree

Post  bigbossyeahboy Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:04 am

i agree the teachers are overlooked in many cases but collage teachers get paid a lot of money an i dont think pro athlets are over looked there just role models that alot of people look up to lil kids in the gettos want to be like jordan or like kobe many will never make it some might just be a lil closer than others but still we need role models im pretty sure you like watchin a sprot an you have a role model an im pretty sure that player gets paid a lot of money Basketball afro afro

bigbossyeahboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jstubbs5 Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:21 am

I agree with you when you say doctors and teachers dont get the credit thats deserved. If there were no teachers we'd be stooopid. If there were no teachers to teach doctors we'd get ill and die. not to mention you'd be too stupid to clinically aid yourself. tongue
Jstubbs5
Jstubbs5

Back to top Go down

Post  Briana Kimble Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:44 pm

I agree with you along the lines of doctors getting paid more as well as teachers, but the athletes work very hard. They train everyday and get beat up every practice. They have to get surgeries and pay for other expenses and risk their lives for their fame and money, so they sort of deserve it! Razz

Briana Kimble

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down