Ms. Franklin's English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ummm.. Nope

3 posters

Go down

Ummm.. Nope Empty Ummm.. Nope

Post  McCheezy123 Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:41 pm

First off let me just say that this is probably one of the dumbest questions you could have asked us Ms. Franklin (NO OFFENCE). But this question completely contradicts itself because we are, for one, using a computer to answer this question and complete other work that is given to us fromteachers (like you). Plus when we do college essays we are REQUIRED to type them and turn them in in a specific format. Secondly the internet and computers and other technological inventions are very useful for people and make life a crap ton easier. By far its most important use is to help people become educated and informed. Some people (Like Myself) can't go to or get to a library (which would be one of the alternatives) or go all the way to freakin Washington to hear presidental (or other government related) speeches (the other alternative) to get the vital information needed. Plus computers help the economy because it stops us from cutting trees for paper. But then again it does ruin our eye sight so we all lose and our planet ends up exploding bom after a alien robot invation. So yeah, tough luck. Very Happy

Last edited by McCheezy123 on Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : This Program is dumb because it considers Assigned and Assignments as volgar language.)
McCheezy123
McCheezy123

Back to top Go down

Ummm.. Nope Empty Disagreement

Post  Dillon Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:37 pm

Thank you, McCheezy123, for your input. I would like to say that this question isn't as dumb as you make it out to be. This question does not contradict itself; it merely asks whether or not we've become dependent on technology. Your answer would be 'yes', because you state the fact that computers are required to type certain papers and even do online projects, like this O.W.L. You're absolutely right by saying that these technological advances are useful and make life a "crap-ton" easier, and by saying that their main use is to help people become more educated and informed. You're also right that many people can't drive to a library to do these projects. However, you lose me when you bring up going to Washington to hear presidential speeches. Also, computers only save trees if things are kept on the computer or the internet; if you print a paper that you typed, it still kills trees, albeit not nearly as much as when you write on notebook paper. Staring at the computer screen only ruins your eye sight when not done in moderation. If you only use the computer for an hour or two a day, with frequent breaks in between, you shouldn't really suffer any loss of sight (also, eating carrots never hurts.) Lastly, I disagree with your idea of an apocalyptic alien robot "invention" (I'm guessing you meant invasion?) and Earth exploding afterwards, but that's completely unrelated to the proposed question.

Last edited by Dillon on Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Same as McCheezy123; "assignment" is censored, so I changed both occurrences of "assignment" to "project".)

Dillon

Back to top Go down

Ummm.. Nope Empty Cassie Mohkami

Post  Cassie Mohkami Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:34 pm

I completety agree with you, i believe that all technology is created for a reason...to be used. If it wasnt for the people who used electronics, we would still be stuck getting up to swtich the TV channel.

Cassie Mohkami

Back to top Go down

Ummm.. Nope Empty Dillon

Post  McCheezy123 Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:16 pm

Yes i agree you do prove a point but my point is better. The question did ask if we have become dependent on computers but the reason the question can't be answered is because we have no choice but to depend on it. The past generation has evolved along with us and we are now required to know how to use technology in school and even in jobs. There is no possible way to NOT be dependent on it.
McCheezy123
McCheezy123

Back to top Go down

Ummm.. Nope Empty Re: Ummm.. Nope

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down